Whether you have a project in mind, a question, a need for advice or mentoring, or whatever, we can talk about it! Drop me a line on LinkedIn or book a meeting on Calendly.
As an innovation leader, you may be faced with several challenges:
The design sprint is a methodology for solving problems. A small team clears its schedule for a week (or less) to rapidly progress from a problem to a tested solution. The team develops a hypothesis, prototypes an idea, and tests it rapidly with users in a real environment with as little investment as possible.
As an innovation leader, you may use this process to tackle a big challenge within your company.
In this article, I’ll share the key resources I use to lead sprints with my team. Whether you have 30 min to get a quick introduction, 4 hours to…
Dealing with humans is a challenge both in business and personal life. I sometimes feel that people go straight ahead on their high-speed train and don’t take time to stop for a moment to listen to others.
While the title “How to Win Friends and Influence People” of Dale Carnegie’s book may sound opportunistic or pushy, I have actually discovered that it’s a genuine call to empathize and listen to people around us. More than ever, these principles are important in the world we live in today. That’s why I’m sharing my notes on this book in this article.
Gold is often found under a pile of dust. Some believe in a gold mine from the start, and others don’t see it right away. The same is true for new businesses and innovative projects.
Your role as an innovation leader, product manager, or business owner is to make this value visible to key sponsors and investors. A pitch is a tool to paint a quick and exciting picture of a business opportunity.
Even within a company, pitching to executives helps you strengthen your project and move on to the following milestones.
Presenting an innovative project to executives is like…
The book “Who: The A Method for Hiring” by Geoff Smart and Randy Street is a reference in the field of recruitment.
In this article, I’ll present:
To make better “who” decisions.
There is a clear and tested path that leads to hiring A-Players.
An A-Player is a candidate who has at least a 90% chance of achieving a set of outcomes that only the top 10% of possible candidates could achieve.
The A-Method defines…
Teams now understand the relevance of testing prototypes, especially for daring innovation projects. In fact, it’s pretty obvious that testing a 1-week prototype and iterating with users before developing it costs a lot less than spending 3 months developing something and then realizing at the end of the tunnel that it doesn’t meet users’ needs.
However, some teams have questions about the approach: Where to start? Which people to interview? What questions to ask? How to confirm ideas? What tools to use? How to handle user feedback?
I worked with a team that asked all these questions. In this article…
It takes very little to give a zing to your innovation project materials through graphic design. Here are the resources I use. I put a 💫 next to the ones that I’ve used a lot of times and that I particularly appreciate.
💫 Absurd, avataaars, Big Heads, Black Illustrations, 💫 Blush, DrawKit, Free illustrations, Fresh Folk, Get Illustrations, 💫 Humaaans, illustrations, IRA Design, lukaszadam, 💫manypixels, 💫 Open Doodles, 💫 Open Peeps, Ouch, Pay for layers, pixelbuddha, pixeltrue, Sketchvalley, smash illustrations, Stubborn, 💫 unDraw, Whoosh!, woobroo
Built to Last, by Jim Collins and Jerry Parras, brought down my stereotypes about exceptional companies one by one like dominoes. It turned out to be my best read in 2020, as the book encouraged me to quit my job and start an entrepreneurial adventure.
The authors took a set of exceptional companies and studied them in comparison to another set of “not bad” companies that had the same shot in life, but didn’t attain quite the same stature.
The book contains hundreds of enlightening stories, specific examples, and anecdotes. …
Internet is magic for several reasons. Access to an infinite number of excellent quality resources is one of them. Here are the ones that I explore regularly.
“But Adam, why would we spend time talking to users? We already know who they are. We’ve been doing this for +20 years.”
It’s the kind of resistance I still face sometimes. However, when I work on a project, I need to talk to users as regularly as possible. I set myself and the team the goal of at least one contact with users per week.
Personas are, in my opinion, a good way to summarize and communicate our understanding and findings of users. Personas also help teams avoid self-referential design and keep in mind who they work for. …